Main Causes Of Frequent Urination At Night And How To Stop It
Urination is one of the ways the body get rid of toxins from the body. Urination is the release of urine from the urinary bladder through the urethra to the outside of the body. It is the urinary system’s form of excretion. It is also known medically as micturition, voiding, enuresis, or, rarely, emiction. It is very important that everyone empties his or her bladder regularly as holding urine for too long can affect the kidney and urinary system.
Frequent urination especially at night is one of the conditions that has affected a lot of people over the years. Most people typically urinate four to eight times a day. Needing to go more than eight times a day or arising in the night to go to the bathroom more than once in the night is considered frequent urination.
Certain things can cause frequent urination. Some of them include;
1. Suffering from a stroke.
2. Developing a pelvic tumour.
3. Using diuretics (medications that help eliminate extra salt and water from the body through urine).
4. Suffering from vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina).
5. Radiation therapy to the pelvic area.
6. Excessive intake of alcohol or caffeine.
8. Prostate problems.
9. Urinary tract and bladder conditions.
Some of the ways to avoid constant urination at night include;
1. Consuming enough fluids during the day, but limiting it in the 2-4 hours before you go to bed.
2. Limiting your intake of salt.
3. Use of sleep medications
4. Elevating the legs and use of compression stockings which helps to prevent fluid build-up in the legs.
5. Avoiding excessive intake of alcohol and caffeine.
6. Ensuring that there is as little urine in your bladder as possible right before bed
Everyone should adhere to the tips of this article to avoid suffering this health challenge.