Socialite and musician Kwame A-Plus has made a wild post on his Facebook wall highlighting on what looks like an official chair that have Ghana’s symbol of authority.
He has this to say about the said image he saw in a furniture shop.
This was displayed in a furniture shop in Accra. Who authorized it? And why was it displayed there And why does a furniture shop has the coat of arms displayed all over the place?
I thought the coat of arms is the symbol of the authority of our state? Under the FLAG AND ARMS PROTECTION ACT, 1959 NO. 61;
A person shall not use, without the license of the Minister, the design of the Flag or the Coat of
Arms or a part of the Flag or Coat of Arms.
(2) A license under subsection (1) shall be given for a special time or purpose on the conditions imposed by the Minister.
(3) The license may be revoked by the Minister for stated reasons.
(4) This section does not restrict the display of the flag on a public holiday or a day proclaimed as
a festive occasion.
(1) A person who contravenes a provision of this Act commits an offense and is liable on summary
conviction to a fine not exceeding fifty penalty units.
(2) Where the design is used on or in connection with goods, the fine shall be increased by an
an additional amount equal to the retail value of the goods sold, or otherwise disposed of by the offender before conviction under this Act.
(3) The goods in the possession of the offender bearing or marked with the design are liable to
(4) Where the retail value of the goods or otherwise disposed of is not determined, the fine imposed under subsection (1) shall be increased by a sum of money equivalent to one hundred penalty units.
Leaders will sell this country to foreigners like Hassan for coins If this furniture shop belongs to one Ayigbe, Tani, or one Ashanti man, national security will be chasing him like Winneba people chase a deer during the Aboakyere festival.